home |  sitemap |  downloads | contact 
Home About us Education in Philippines Why Philippines? Why IEC? Universities & Programs Transfers Links Faqs Contact
  You are Here:  Home > Visa Information

  About Phillippines
  Education in phillippines
  Universities & programs
  Application & Visa
  Admission Services
  Eligibility - Equivalance
  Students Apply Online
  English Lang. Internships
  News & Events
  Currency Converter
  Visa Information
  Phil Embassies
  Why IEC?
  Contact us

Visa Information :


Student Visa :

The student visa is issued in Philippine embassies/consulates abroad. It is not issued in the Philippines.

The student visa is initially valid for one year. It is renewable every succeeding semester.

Exchange Student Visa - 47(a) (2)
47(a)(2) visas are issued to officially designated exchange professors, researchers, and students coming from foreign universities with an existing Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the University of the Philippines

47(a)(2) visas are valid until the end of the exchange agreement or scholarship contract

The visa is generally processed and issued here in the Philippines. It can also be issued through Philippine embassies or consulates abroad

It can be renewed if the scholarship or agreement is extended for a definite period of time

Exchange fellows and students are requested to immediately report to the OSA upon arrival in Philippines.


Step 1: When a school's requirements are met it sends a Notice of Acceptance (NOA) to the student. A duplicate copy is submitted to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), together with the certified true copy of CHED-CEA when necessary. For quota courses such as medicine and dentistry, a certificate of eligibility for admission (CEA) is also issued by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).

Step 2: The department of foreign affairs endorses documents to the Foreign Service Post (FSP) located in the student's country of origin/place of legal residence for the issuance of the student visa.

Step 3: The Philippine Embassy or consulate notifies you in writing to appear in person for an interview and bring all the required documents.

Step 4: Upon receiving the letter from the Philippine Embassy/Consulate, you will have to make an appointment to appear for an interview at the consulate or embassy.


  • Valid Passport
  • Application Form for student visa (accomplished in triplicate)
  • Three photographs
  • Medical Health Certificate (DFA Form 11) in triplicate with life-size chest x-ray and laboratory reports
  • Original Notice of Acceptance (NOA) and when appropriate, the CEA
  • Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate located in student's country of origin or legal residence
  • Visa fee



Copyright © 2007 www.studyinphilippines.com